Apex Technical School
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the school open?
A: Yes, the school is open. To speak with an Apex Representative, please call 212-645-3300.
Q: How will my classes be conducted?
A: Shop classes will be taught at the Apex facility and theory classes may be taught at the facility or through distance learning. Apex closely monitors New York State COVID-19 guidance and practices or exceeds all recommended safety protocols.
Q: I have questions about COVID-19. Where can I find more information?
A: There are several resources available about COVID-19. Please check out:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- NYS Department of Health
- NYS Office of Mental Health
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub
Q: I’m a Veteran. Where can I find information and resources from the Department of Veteran Affairs?
A: The Department of Veteran Affairs has a variety of resources such as:
- Coronavirus FAQs: What Veterans need to know
- VBA Financial Literacy
- VAntage Point – Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Crisis Line – Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
- During the COVID-19 crisis, veterans are making supportive check-in calls to other veterans through Mission: VetCheck. A collaboration between the NYC Department of Veterans’ Services, the Mayor’s Office of ThriveNYC, and veteran-serving organizations, these calls provide veterans with information about how to access vital public services, including free meals, COVID-19 test sites locations, and mental health resources.
Q: Where can I find the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reporting?
A: Apex Technical School’s report on the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students can be found here.